The East Window
The great perpendicular (late gothic) East Window contains five panels (detailed above) of Mediaeval glass, on a much later background. In the centre, the crucified Christ, on the left, the Virgin Mary, -
Originally these panels would have been surrounded by further designs: there is a tradition they were brought to the church in 1546, but no remaining evidence. We do not know whether the panels were made for the church and are the surviving remains of a complete window, (perhaps removed, stored and replaced when it was thought safe to do so at some point in the religious disturbances of the Reformation) or whether the panels were brought from elsewhere.